22.10.11

Throbbing Insults

(The following posts title has been picked by Katie and will be written by Megan.) here we go

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me."  We have all heard this, Am I right?  These are true words of wisdom, however people who actually use these words are probably the ones who do get offended by hurtful words. Which I think is ironic. so if you want people to think you are offended SAY IT! I dare you.

Did you know there is a website that will insult you? for free! http://www.insult-o-matic.com/

I am not a person who takes things personally or is insulted easily. But who in the right mind would want to be insulted by a computer. You should probably find something better to do.

Yesterday I heard something which I found incredibly funny. On TV they were interviewing Selena Gomez and about half way through the program the interviewer brought up death threats.  And my first thought was, "who could dislike Solena Gomez?"  I think she is adorable! Anyway I found out the death threats were coming from 14 year-old girls who thought they would date Justin Bieber.  How comical is this? I guess it is comical because I dreamed of the same thing when I was 14.  I thought Nick Jonas was the next hottest thing to wearing your pajama pants to middle school, because it was "COOL." (luckily my dad never approved of this fashion trend, and wouldn't let me participate. which reminds me, I never thanked him.) 

One time I went to a "JO BRO" concert in the 9th grade and bought a t-shirt.  I will never forget the amount of mocking that came from each one of my siblings when I returned home. "how much did you pay for that?  Do you know it probably costs only 2 dollars to make that and you just paid 40 for it!"  It was like they were truly disappointed in me. They knew I fell deep into the trap of 14 year-old infatuation for a boy who wore skinny jeans. (this was when only "SK8R" boys wore skinny jeans" Luckily about after a week I came to my senses and realized there was no hope for me, sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment