18.10.10

sometimes I have anxiety attacks....

I get anxiety attacks from things that people would laugh about. I don't know why but the following list is things that I dislike very much.

1. The gas light- you know it is going to come on, but you always hope for the gas to last another day. Today as I was driving home from work, looked at my gas meter which was clearly close to empty, my thoughts were that I would definitely have enough to last me to the next day. I heard a not normal noise in my car that alarmed me, I then looked at my dashboard and saw that it was the gas light. I literally gasped in my car by myself, I guess I worried that I wouldn't make it to a gas station even though I was driving right past one at the time and the car STILL has gas in it! That was the second time my gas light has come on while I was driving, and I never want to experience it again.

2. belt routes- first of all I find them really confusing. Also they just make me nervous, I don't like making decisions in a split second when it could potentially change my life. I mean one way takes you home and the other to the middle of nowhere, with no cellphone coverage. My worst fear is that I will take the wrong way and be lost forever! I know this is ridiculous, but I think about it quite a bit, and now believe that it really could happen.

3. tumbleweed- every time I see it I scream like a man. I only scream like a man when I am really scared. If I am driving when I see it then I stop breathing and my palms become sweaty. I can only try to explain this because tumbleweed is on EVERY scary movie made. Lets just say that movies ruin people.....

And to explain the other things....ask my siblings. It's probably from all of their non-stop teasing and talk of monsters in my basement as a youngster. It didn't help that I was an easy target though. thanks guys.

LOVE, MEGAN

3 comments:

  1. I was convinced as a youngster that there was a monster in my basement. In fact, I had a dream that some monster came out of the wall and attacked my neighbor, I got out and cried to my mom and she told me I had to go find her. I went downstairs to find her pile of bones. I will forever remain afraid of monsters and basements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is the saddest story I have ever heard! susan I never knew of your anxieties!

    ReplyDelete