8.6.10

Obsolete? Not quite.

The other day I noticed that a co-worker of mine had some phone books stacked under his computer monitor.  It was understandable.  After all, what better use could one find for a phone book?  Surely we have no need to actually look up a phone number the old fashioned way.

It would seem that the only thing they're good for is taking up space - raising things up, or flattening things, such as dried-up leaves for mother.

As a kid I remember new phone books being delivered quite regularly.  Each subsequent new phone book was, of course, promptly disposed of.  We already had a phone book.  Yes, we had gotten a new phone book just a month ago.

It saddens me to see that technology, as much as I love it, has made phone books go the way of the electric car.  But I'm comforted to know that now, instead of just a phone number, I can find see a satellite photo of their house and view their annual income.

Justin

1 comment:

  1. oh jus!! this just might be my favorite post so far! haha oh wait it was just mine...but ya! love it

    ReplyDelete