30.12.11

the four year journey...where to?

Tonight Mike said that him and Chels were coming over to my parents house tonight to make the "announcement" of course after the usual joking of it being a pregnancy announcement (Mike likes to say "we have an announcement" a lot just to make us think Chelsey is pregnant) which by the way she ISN'T.  So really this time the announcement was where they decided they would go to Dental school. Mike got accepted to five schools and finally decided which one they were to attend.

The fam and I made guesses as to where they chose (they narrowed it down to two schools, Phoenix and Louisville)




So it was 7:05 PM and the conference calling began. He announced. LouPHOENIX!!  And then at that very moment I went nuts! that's what I guessed but only because that's where I wanted them to go. Kennadee also showed a lot of excitement. (that's where she guessed.) Then poor little Bee cried because she guessed Louisville. I know she was secretly crying because she's going to miss them. (beloved brother and sister-in-law and past Nursery teachers) It's a really cute relash. 


It is bittersweet. I am so proud of Mike and all he has accomplished.

He will be great. They will be great. They will also be greatly missed. 
I feel like that conference call Sunday Night thing will become a regular.

2 comments:

  1. We've never made "the announcement" trying to purposely make everyone think the pregnancy thing Meg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sweet sign - and I'm so excited for Mike and Chelsey and this new chapter in their lives, although I'm sad to see them go.

    ReplyDelete