2.8.11

the unexpected

Earlier this summer the fam and I were enjoying a nice picnic. pizza...volleyball I mean the whole nine yards. The whole family was together on this particular day which is rare considering Justin never comes home! (joke) so everyone was home and we planned a special family outing to the park. everything was going great until we started playing kick-ball. My 5 year-old sister Kennadee was trying to learn the rules (which i can imagine is a lot for a little girl to take in) after I got her out on 1st base she ran away crying. So we started trying to play again...(which was hard considering there were only 5 people playing total) as we were beginning to got restless with this game that was obviously not working because i mean you can only have so many "ghost runners" Just as everyone i'm sure was thinking "wow this is lame". suddenly something amazing happened, we turned our heads to see a Giant polar bear trudging up the steep hill on Wasatch blvd. Still wondering what it was...i shouted "lets go run to it, i bet they're giving out coke or something!" oh ya and this giant mobile polar bear played music to...sweet elevator music! so me and my little sisters started coming with me to get a better view of it. (no one else would come with me) as we got to the sidewalk of the park we started waving, and then it pulled over right into the church parking lot next to the park. there were 2 middle aged men operating this giant bear and started waving at us to come over. I thought for a moment and then ran back to get my dad...because i was scared to go by myself of course! soon everyone else followed and one-by-one all the girls started hopping on this monstrous thing. so it wasn't a coca cola bear and it wasn't giving out free coke.(dang it) but it was the most unexpected memorable happening on this family outing. thank you giant polar bear-for letting us ride you.




and Ethan was laughing for the first time in public...pretty sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment